Prep 20 mins
Cook 17 mins
This makes for a quick and tasty dish.
Make and share this Sauteed Chicken Breast with Ham & Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml margarine or 29.58 ml butter
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 113.39 g packagesliced fully cooked ham, cut into halves
- 70.87 g jar mushrooms, sliced,drained (reserve liquid)
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml sweet white wine
- Cut chicken breast halves in half.
- Heat oil& margarine in a skillet until hot.
- Combine the flour& pepper and coat the chicken.
- Cook chicken until brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Arrange in ungreased baking dish.
- Top with ham slices and sprinkle with mushrooms and cheese Pour reserved mushroom liquid into skillet.
- Cook over medium heat, about 30 seconds, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in wine and cook 30 seconds more.
- Pour over cheese.
- Cook uncovered in a 400 degree oven until cheese is melted, about 8 minutes.
This one is a real winner! This is by far the best chicken I have had the pleasure of cooking. The only change I made was I drank the rest of the wine instead of saving it.
This was thoroughly enjoyed by the family. Followed the recipe to the T, didn't change a thing. Great and quick whip up. And it def hit the spot! thank you so much!
A fantastic meal! I prefer to not use chicken breast since I find it a bit dry, so I lined the bottom of a pyrex dish with chicken thigh and then did the layer of ham and mushroom on top. Turned out fantastic and delicious! I was a little skeptical of the redwine since I find it rather sour added to dishes but it ended up tasting great.