Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Freeze orange juice concentrate in ice cube trays, store crozen cubes in a From "Diabetes Cooking for Everyone", by Carol Gelles. Exchanges: 1/4 other carbohydrate, 3 3/4 very lean meat, 1/4 fruit, 3/4 fat.
- 3 tablespoons white wine or 3 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate (undiluted)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced ginger (or 1/4 tsp. ground ginger)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch strips (1 lg. whole breast)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wine through the pepper; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over high heat. Add only enough of the chicken strips to cook in a single layer, cooking in batches if necessary; add garlic and cook until the chicken is browned on both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes all together. Remove from skillet to serving plate. Cook remaining chicken strips if they did not all fit into the skillet, then add to serving plate.
- Deglaze the pan with the liquid mixture, scraping up all the browned bits in the pan. Cook, stirring,about 30 seconds, or until the sauce is bubbly all over. Pour over chicken.