Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
An elegant-looking tasty appetizer.
Make and share this Sauteed Cherry Tomatoes With Pine Nuts recipe from Food.com.
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 340.19 g basket cherry tomatoes, stemmed
- 59.14 ml toasted pine nuts
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, chopped or 9.85 ml dried crumbled basil
- 11.09 ml red wine vinegar
- 11.09 ml balsamic vinegar
- 0.25 ml salt
- 0.25 ml pepper
- fresh basil sprig (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and tomatoes and saute until tomatoes are just heated through, stirring occasionally about 5 minutes.
- Add toasted pine nuts, basil and vinegars, stir 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer tomato mixture to shallow platter.
- Garnish with fresh basil sprig and serve.
Oh what a delicious hidden treasure this recipe is. I made as written and served over parmesan couscous for a truly yummy vegetarian lunch. Thanks for the post.
Wow, easily the best recipe I made this month. This lovely treat was sheer perfection. I loved everything about this dish. It was quick and easy to make with excellent results. I made it exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. Thank you so much for posting a treat that I have placed in my keeper box.
I only made two changes to this recipe, I cooked the tomatoes in the oven instead of a skillet, but still followed the times approx, ohh and ran out of dried basil so used Italian Herbs as a last minute resort. The family demolished this fantastic recipe TraceyMae. I served them as a side dish to roast beef, I also used your Helene D'esterhazy's Baked Vidalia Onions all went together, so very well. Wonderful recipe, so easy to make and so very delcious. The family loved the added flavour of the pine nuts, which blended so well with the balsamic. The balsamic reduced in the final minutes cooking and made the tomatoes so sweet and yet so savoury. Thanks for posting a recipe this family will continue to enjoy TraceyMae.