Recipe by Bev
What a beautiful addtion to your table!
Top Review by Miss Annie
This is one of my "new" all-time favorites. The recipe is simplicity itself. My grandmother, Maggie, who was a chef, said you need to make things simple so you can "taste" what you are cooking. Tomatoes and Basil with olive oil, what a wonderful combination. You really have a wonderful, tasty, beautiful, and certainly easy recipe. It is worthy of any "top-drawer" restaurant. Thanks so much Bev....a keeper!
- 22.18 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (1892.72 ml) pint cherry tomatoes, stemmed if necessary
- 44.37 ml finely chopped fresh basil
- salt, preferably the course variety,and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the tomatoes and cook, tossing and stirring often, until the skins begin to split, about 3 minutes.
- Do not over cook.
- Remove from the heat and toss with the herbs; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 4-6 servings.