Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
What a beautiful addtion to your table!
Make and share this Sauteed Cherry Tomatoes with Mediterranean Herbs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (4 cup) pints cherry tomatoes, stemmed if necessary
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- salt, preferably the course variety,and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the tomatoes and cook, tossing and stirring often, until the skins begin to split, about 3 minutes.
- Do not over cook.
- Remove from the heat and toss with the herbs; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 4-6 servings.
This is one of my "new" all-time favorites. The recipe is simplicity itself. My grandmother, Maggie, who was a chef, said you need to make things simple so you can "taste" what you are cooking. Tomatoes and Basil with olive oil, what a wonderful combination. You really have a wonderful, tasty, beautiful, and certainly easy recipe. It is worthy of any "top-drawer" restaurant. Thanks so much Bev....a keeper!
I didn't have fresh basil so it wasn't as good as it could have been! Next time I would use fresh basil! Thanks for posting!
Very delicious! I made these for a party and everyone loved them..the only thing I did differently was add a little garlic.