Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
Another Sara Moulton recipe that will be made with some of the MANY cherry tomatoes that have come out of my garden!!
Top Review by Kitty Z
So, I neglected to cover the pot while the sauce was simmering, and ended up with a really thick almost-tomato-paste... oops! But it was still pretty tasty. Using cherry tomatoes gives the sauce a nice sweetness without using sugar. And if you happen to forget the lid, I stirred in a cup of tomato juice and all was saucy again. :) Thanks!
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 pieces
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes, rinsed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree the garlic in a food processor fitted with the chopping blade.
- Add onion and pulse 3-4 times, until finely chopped.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat until hot.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the onion and garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until they are softened, about 5 minute.
- Meanwhile, place 1 pint of the cherry tomatoes in the food processor bowl and pulse 3-4 times, until coarsely chopped.
- Transfer to a bowl and repeat with the remaining 2 pints of tomatoes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the onion and simmer, stirring frequently, until they form a sauce, about 15-20 minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with your favorite pasta or gnocchi.