Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
A Martha Stewart (yes, her!) recipe that came in the mail today. But I must admit, it sounds fantastic! *The recipe's headnote states 25 minutes for prep time, and 25 minutes for total time.*
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb regular penne or 1 lb whole wheat penne
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley (I'd use basil)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the penne according to package directions until the pasta is al dente, about 13 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until just golden, about 1 minute.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp.
- salt, and 1/4 tsp.
- black pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, until the tomato juices run, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked penne, olives, parsely, and Parmesan cheese to the skillet and toss to combine, coating everything well.
- Serve immedeiately, sprinkled with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.