Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I saw some beautiful chanterelle mushrooms at the farmer's market this weekend and I used this tasty recipe to cook them. This recipe serves 2 people as a side dish.
- Cut mushrooms into chunks. Try to keep all the pieces about the same size.
- Saute the garlic and shallots in butter over medium heat until the onions start to turn translucent.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan. Stir every few minutes. (Lots of water in the bottom of the pan is normal.).
- After about 10 minutes (or when your mushroom chunks are a couple minutes from doneness,) drain the juice from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the basil and the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and cook the mushrooms until they're soft but not mushy.