Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is out of the October 2013 issue of Real Simple (pg. 216).
- 59.14 ml pecans, toasted
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 5 cups)
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1 fuji apple, thinly sliced (also Braeburn)
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme (1/2 tsp dried)
- 118.29 ml water
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-heat heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, salt, and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden, 4-6 minutes.
- Add the apple, thyme and water.
- Cover and cook until cauliflower is tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in butter and sprinkle with pecans.