Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is out of the October 2013 issue of Real Simple (pg. 216).
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 5 cups)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 fuji apple, thinly sliced (also Braeburn)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (1/2 tsp dried)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-heat heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, salt, and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden, 4-6 minutes.
- Add the apple, thyme and water.
- Cover and cook until cauliflower is tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in butter and sprinkle with pecans.