Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Vegetable accompaniment to Roast Rack of Venison and Horseradish Potatoes. Recipe extracted from Epicure supplement, Winter, 1988, of Toronto Life Magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, sliced
- 1 bunch leek, carefully washed,and sliced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Cook carrots in boiling salted water until tender (about 3 minutes).
- Using a large skilled, cook Leeks in hot butter 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add carrots to leeks, season and serve hot.
Simple, fast, cheap side dish. I did cook the leeks a good 10 minutes, as I wanted them limp. Also added a bit of salt. You could serve this next to anything and it would be good. Also a very pretty color combo with the pale green leeks and carrots. Rarely have I seen my husband put away so many veggies in one sitting. I served with Toolie's Roast filet mignon de porc with Stilton, which is also excellent, and made a fine dinner!
I cheated and nuked a steam-in-bag veggie medley, then sauted the leeks as directed and tossed all together. Lip smacking good! Thanks so much for posting this recipe.
excellent! I have never reviewed a recipe on here before but this one compelled me to do so! Thanks so much, even my toddlers ate this!