Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe courtesy of The French Culinary Institute's Salute to Healthy Cooking. Found on Food Network, posting for ZWT.
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2-1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 large celery root, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saute pan, combine the carrots, 1/2 cup of the water, and butter. Sprinkle the sugar over the top and bring to a boil over medium-high heat Cover and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the carrots are almost tender.
- Add the celery root (add more water if the mixture is dry). Cook for 5 minutes, or until the celery root is just tender.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
Really enjoyed this mix of flavors. My only suggestion is to cut the celery root smaller so that it is closer in size to the carrot....both for appearance and ease of eating. In doing this, you'd need to reduce the cook time on the celery root. The texture was perfect as posted. I just thought the 1" celery root sort of overpowered the sliced carrots....maybe I should have cut those larger! LOL Thanks for sharing. Made for Photo Tag.