Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple quick, vegetarian, easy side dish and perfect. I love it. Not your every day beans.
- 30 ounces cannellini beans (2 cans, drained but not rinsed)
- 1 onion (medium diced fine)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 7 ounces frozen spinach (1 box Bird Eye or any brand)
- 2 teaspoons parsley (fresh and chopped fine)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine (or you can use chicken broth or just water to loosen up the sauce if too thick)
- olive oil, to drizzle as a garnish
- Saute -- In a large pan, heat the oil. Add the garlic, onion and red pepper and saute for 2-3 minutes on medium until slightly soft.
- Beans and spinach -- Add the beans, seasoning and saute on medium high to high until cooked through, about 5 minutes. As they cook I like to take a fork and slightly mash the beans a bit to get a good consistency. I like to get them a little crisp and browned but not fried dark brown. Just a light browning is good. Add the spinach and break up as it cooks. If too dry you can use a little white wine, chicken broth or just water to loosen the sauce if necessary. Garnish with some good olive oil and ground pepper.
I loved this recipe before I added the spinach...just would have left out the salt. I really preferred it before the spinach and salt, but either way it was great. I will definitely make this again as a bean dish! Thanks for posting.