Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
i like this served with mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach, real comfort food
- 6 slices calf liver
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- fry bacon in frying pan until crisp, remove to paper towels.
- add onions, saute until brown, remove.
- lightly flour liver, salt& pepper to taste, saute 3 minutes per side, don't overcook.
- remove and deglaze pan w/balsamic vinegar, add all ingredients back to pan to blend flavors.
i would never blanch calves liver. rinsing it in cold water is more than enough.
Very Good Tho missing one step.Blanch Liver with Boiling water to remover blood taste
my review above should read 'I did also add about 1/3 of a cup of wine to deglaze the pan'.