My house is being taken over with old magazines so I am trying to post some recipes I want to keep. This one sounds quick and very good. It comes from Everyday Food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced lengthwise into strips
- 8 ounces precooked andouille sausages or 8 ounces kielbasa, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1In a saucepan with a lid heat 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium heat and saute onion until softened.
- 2Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- 3Add rice and bring to boil again.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Cover, reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- 6While rice is cooking, heat remaining oil in a skillet and add bell peppers and cook until crisp tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- 7Add the sausage and the shrimp.
- 8Cook until shrimp is opaque, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Divide the rice into 4 bowls and spoon the shrimp/sausage over the top and drizzle with any pan juices.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Cajun Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.8
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 175.8 mg
- Sodium 1369.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 32.5 g