Recipe by AmyZoe
Recipe courtesy of Ina Garten from Barefoot Contessa. I must say, this is a simple way to make cabbage, but it's delicious. Who knew it was this easy.
- 1 small head white cabbage, including outer green leaves (2 1/2 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the cabbage in half and with the cut side down slice as thinly as possible around the core (like you are making coleslaw). Discard the core.
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan or heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the cabbage, salt, and pepper and saute for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is tender and begins to brown.
- Season to taste and serve warm.