Recipe by Madonna 66
A yummy way to turn a coleslaw vegetable into a delicious wintery vegetable side dish! Found this recipe on foodnetwork.com, someone had altered a recipe they found there, and I had to post here to find it easily again. Great with a roast pork dinner!!
Top Review by LovesAmerica
Hi Madonna, This was the best sauteed cabbage I have ever had. I tripled the recipe, and my family totally devoured it. I will be looking for more of your recipes to make...thank you so much.
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute bacon until crispy, remove from pan, drain and chop into bits.
- Thinly slice cabbage or use a V-slicer or mandolin. Use as many of the outer green leaves as possible and remove the core.
- Add cabbage and brown in the bacon fat, DO NOT add any oil or butter, it's not needed.
- Stir often so it doesn't burn.
- When browned, add chicken stock to deglaze the pan.
- Add chopped bacon back into the pan and cover.
- Cook until cabbage has softened and almost all of the stock has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!