Madonna 66's Note:
A yummy way to turn a coleslaw vegetable into a delicious wintery vegetable side dish! Found this recipe on foodnetwork.com, someone had altered a recipe they found there, and I had to post here to find it easily again. Great with a roast pork dinner!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute bacon until crispy, remove from pan, drain and chop into bits.
- 2Thinly slice cabbage or use a V-slicer or mandolin. Use as many of the outer green leaves as possible and remove the core.
- 3Add cabbage and brown in the bacon fat, DO NOT add any oil or butter, it's not needed.
- 4Stir often so it doesn't burn.
- 5When browned, add chicken stock to deglaze the pan.
- 6Add chopped bacon back into the pan and cover.
- 7Cook until cabbage has softened and almost all of the stock has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 154.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g