Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We love cabbage. This is something I created using Splenda so keep within the South Beach Diet. Amount of seasonings are to be added per your personal taste. I recently made it with the addition of spinach which was also delicious.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pre-minced garlic (jarred)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Splenda sugar substitute, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) bag spinach (optional)
- Chop cabbage.
- Saute in olive oil, adding more oil when (and if) necessary, till cabbage begins to wilt and brown a bit.
- Add the garlic (more if you like).
- Mix to combine.
- Season with salt, pepper, Splenda and red pepper flakes.
- Top with spinach.
- Cover to allow spinach to wilt.
- Serve immediately -- but delicious cold, as well.
I tried this recipe tonight and truly loved it. I adapted by substituting olive oil for butter and Splenda for Stevia. Next time I will leave out the red pepper flakes, but overall a nice dish. Thanks
My only addition-- Fish Sauce! It was amazing! My husband suggested we just throw ground meat in there next time and eat it like lo mein! An awesome addition to our CSA recipes board!
This was such an easy and so good recipe! I added sliced red onion and deglazed with some white wine just because I had to use the onion and I was already drinking the wine:). Would be great as is too! I added four packets of Splenda because I used a large head of cabbage plus another half. Wasn't too sweet but these are all adjustable. I'm keeping this one for sure! Thanks! Oh, use the spinach, it's a huge plus.