Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We love cabbage. This is something I created using Splenda so keep within the South Beach Diet. Amount of seasonings are to be added per your personal taste. I recently made it with the addition of spinach which was also delicious.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pre-minced garlic (jarred)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Splenda sugar substitute, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) bag spinach (optional)
- Chop cabbage.
- Saute in olive oil, adding more oil when (and if) necessary, till cabbage begins to wilt and brown a bit.
- Add the garlic (more if you like).
- Mix to combine.
- Season with salt, pepper, Splenda and red pepper flakes.
- Top with spinach.
- Cover to allow spinach to wilt.
- Serve immediately -- but delicious cold, as well.
This was such an easy and so good recipe! I added sliced red onion and deglazed with some white wine just because I had to use the onion and I was already drinking the wine:). Would be great as is too! I added four packets of Splenda because I used a large head of cabbage plus another half. Wasn't too sweet but these are all adjustable. I'm keeping this one for sure! Thanks! Oh, use the spinach, it's a huge plus.
I didn't add the red pepper or the optional spinach. I also added a tablespoon of butter. I liked the sweetness the splenda added to this but my husband didn't like it as much.
This was a really good recipe and I served it along with Honey Roasted Pork Loin #29493. I left out the red pepper flakes, splenda, and spinach. I just used a little bit of salt and spice right before I put it the serving bowl. Thanks for posting such a yummy recipe.