Recipe by dojemi
We love cabbage. This is something I created using Splenda so keep within the South Beach Diet. Amount of seasonings are to be added per your personal taste. I recently made it with the addition of spinach which was also delicious.
Top Review by Yvonne D.
I tried this recipe tonight and truly loved it. I adapted by substituting olive oil for butter and Splenda for Stevia. Next time I will leave out the red pepper flakes, but overall a nice dish. Thanks
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pre-minced garlic (jarred)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Splenda sugar substitute, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) bag spinach (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop cabbage.
- Saute in olive oil, adding more oil when (and if) necessary, till cabbage begins to wilt and brown a bit.
- Add the garlic (more if you like).
- Mix to combine.
- Season with salt, pepper, Splenda and red pepper flakes.
- Top with spinach.
- Cover to allow spinach to wilt.
- Serve immediately -- but delicious cold, as well.