Recipe by JanuaryBride
A healthy recipe from Chef MD (John La Puma, MD). Recipe published as Diabetic friendly in Walgreen's Diabetes and You. Sounds wonderful. They recommend serving this as a healthy holiday dish. States dietary exchanges are 2 vegetables, 1 lean meat and 2 fats.
- 1 lb Brussels sprout
- 2 teaspoons walnut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (best if toasted)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim off stem ends and thinly slice sprouts crosswise.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or saute pan over medium heat.
- Add sprouts, garlic, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add broth one tablespoon at a time and continue to cook until sprouts are crisp-tender (will take approx 8 minutes).
- Stir in walnuts and transfer to a serving dish and top with cheese.