Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Source: Bon Appétit magazine, February 2008 issue
Make and share this Sauteed Brussels Sprouts With Lemon and Pistachios recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 12 large Brussels sprouts, trimmed, leaves separated from cores and cores discarded (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3⁄4 cup natural unsalted shelled pistachio
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot and stir 20 seconds.
- Add Brussels sprout leaves and pistachios, and sauté until leaves begin to soften but are still bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Drizzle lemon juice over.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl and serve.
I hate giving only three stars, but I just didn't like this as much as I had thought/hoped I would. Which is not to say I won't try it again with some adjustments--because I like all the ingredients, A LOT. I'll reduce the amount of lemon juice by at least half--probably more--and will toast the pistachios first, tossing them in at the very last minute so they will be crisp.
Excellent!!!! I didn`t change anything expect for making 1/3 of it! And that is rare for me. Because I always change recipes to suit my family. I had 3 bites and my DH is munching on the rest. And that makes me very happy! Because he is enjoying something very good for him. Olive oil was my choice of oil. Oh wait I lied I started to separate the leave then just started to slice the heads of BS. So I had a mixture of leaves and shredded. Thank you Bunches! Live, Love, & Laugh, Rita