Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Bon Appétit magazine, February 2008 issue
Top Review by BarbryT
I hate giving only three stars, but I just didn't like this as much as I had thought/hoped I would. Which is not to say I won't try it again with some adjustments--because I like all the ingredients, A LOT. I'll reduce the amount of lemon juice by at least half--probably more--and will toast the pistachios first, tossing them in at the very last minute so they will be crisp.
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 12 large Brussels sprouts, trimmed, leaves separated from cores and cores discarded (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3⁄4 cup natural unsalted shelled pistachio
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot and stir 20 seconds.
- Add Brussels sprout leaves and pistachios, and sauté until leaves begin to soften but are still bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Drizzle lemon juice over.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl and serve.