Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My hubby and I love love love this recipe! If we are eating it as part of an Asian inspired meal we omit the parmean.
- 1⁄2 lb Brussels sprout, washed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated gingerroot (or jar ginger)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- heat skillet over medium heat.
- add oil then butter-warm for 1 minute.
- add sprouts, stir to coat.
- saute over HIGH heat about 3 minute.
- add wine and lower temp slightly.
- add ginger and garlic and saute 2 minute.
- add broth, salt and pepper (if using canned broth salt might not be needed).
- cook till tender crunchy.
- sprinkle with cheese.
I love this too! The flavors combine just beautifully. I could easily make a meal of them. I suspect a little less butter would be fine, but I am a butterholic so used the full amount. I certainly will be making this again!