Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from Company's Coming, Christmas. But these are delicious any time of year. Grapes and almonds give a uniqueness to ordinary sprouts.
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprout, trimmed (or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons hard margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup red seedless grapes or 1 cup green grape
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- salt, sprinkle
- pepper, sprinkle
- Cook Brussels sprouts in boiling water and salt in medium saucepan for about 10 minutes until tender.
- Quickly cool in cold water.
- Melt margarine in large frying pan until sizzling.
- Add Brussels sprouts, grapes and almonds.
- Gently stir for 3 to 4 minutes until heated through.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.