Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Food Network Magazine
Make and share this Sauteed Brussels Sprouts recipe from Food.com.
- In medium skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Saute the onions until softened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the vinegar and sugar.
- Mix until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove to bowl and set aside.
- Add another 1 tablespoons butter to the pan.
- Saute the Brussels Sprouts for 5 minutes. season with salt and pepper.
- Add the water, 1 tablespoons butter and cook, uncovered, until done.
- Toss with the onions and heat through.
These brussels sprouts were fantastic! They were easy to prepare and so flavorful. I liked what I sampled in the pan before even adding them to the onion mix. This is going into my keeper file. Thanks so much! Made for Every Day is a Holiday tag.
I think this might be my favorite brussels sprout recipe of all time! So delicious, I wanted more! Definitely going in the keeper file. Thanks for sharing! Made for Holiday tag game.
We liked these a lot but I just wasn't really fond of the sweet and sour flavor. I loved the method and would like to use it in the summer when I don't want to turn the oven on to roast veggies. I used finely chopped onion instead of shallots and would love to try it again with some garlic instead of sugar and vinegar.