Recipe by Lori Mama
Adapted from Food Network Magazine
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
These brussels sprouts were fantastic! They were easy to prepare and so flavorful. I liked what I sampled in the pan before even adding them to the onion mix. This is going into my keeper file. Thanks so much! Made for Every Day is a Holiday tag.
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, cleaned, cut in half stem to top, thinly sliced cross wise
- 4 shallots, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Saute the onions until softened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the vinegar and sugar.
- Mix until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove to bowl and set aside.
- Add another 1 tablespoons butter to the pan.
- Saute the Brussels Sprouts for 5 minutes. season with salt and pepper.
- Add the water, 1 tablespoons butter and cook, uncovered, until done.
- Toss with the onions and heat through.