Recipe by Shahana
I found the basic recipe in a magazine and it was so different. Even kids like the slight sweetness (if you don't tell them it's Brussels Sprouts). You can also use apricot halves instead of mango.
- 12 Brussels sprouts
- 2⁄3 cup dried mango, slices
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 4 teaspoons water
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons lime juice, freshly squeezed preferred
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim outer leaves and hard stems from sprouts; cut in half lengthwise.
- Thinly slice sprouts crosswise.
- Coarsely chop mango slices.
- Melt margarine in pan over med-high heat.
- Add sprouts and mango.
- Drizzle with water, then syrup.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stir often until sprouts are just wilted or done as you like.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Remove from heat.
- Adjust seasoning if required.