Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Another broccoli recipe that I like, its still not my favorite veggie, but its getting there.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat butter and 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add crumbs.
- Toast crumbs, stirring often, until golden.
- Scrape crumbs out of pan; set aside.
- Spread broccoli on a paper-towel-lined plate; pat with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Reheat skillet on medium heat, adding remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add garlic; saute 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli; saute until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with toasted crumbs and serve.
Broccoli is our staple veggie. I tried this recipe and it did not go over well with the family. I think the breadcrumbs were the recipes downfall. Not a good combo. Fresh Broccoli with garlic and oil is the best way to go.