Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my first attempt at making Broccoli Rabe! Boy, I did not know what I was missing! Yummo!
- 1 lb broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cut an X in the bottom of the stems of the broccoli rabe and place in the boiling water. Cook until tender but still firm, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil and saute garlic for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the broccoli rabe and saute 10 to 15 minutes, or until desired doneness. Dust with parmesan cheese, if desired.
This recipe for broccoli rabe was easy and very flavorful. We are always looking for new recipes for rabe as it is one of our favorite veggies. This did not disappoint, We did double the garlic. Thanks for a lovely side. Made for Photo Tag Spring 2013.