Recipe by aspiring gourmet1
A delicious way to serve an unusual vegetable. Makes a great side dish for fish Blanch the greens in boiling water before sauteeing to reduce the bitterness.
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 quarts water
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to boil in a 3.5 quart saucepan.
- Wash broccoli rabe and remove stems.
- Blanch greens in boiling water for two minutes, then drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, place the olive oil, garlic and shallots. Saute until garlic is transparent.
- Add the greens and salt. Saute for five minutes.