Recipe by davianng
I have always prepared broccoli this way. Even my kids loved it when they were small. The flavors are just magnificent together! The key is to keep heat high so the vegetables brown while remaining somewhat crisp.
Top Review by Chocolatl
These are delicious. My husband suggested a dash of red pepper, and that really kicked it up. Vegetables don't need a heavy sauce to taste great, and this recipe proves it! Thanks for posting!
- 4 cups broccoli, cut up
- 4 cups cauliflower, cut up
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cut-up broccoli and cauliflower, sliced mushrooms and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let stand an hour, if possible.
- Heat oil in a large saute or fry pan until very hot.
- Add vegetables all at once, spreading in an even layer. Do not stir until bottom of layer begins to brown.
- Flip and stir to get unbrowned pieces to bottom. Let cook until beginning to brown.
- The trick here is to keep heat high and brown pieces without overcooking or burning them. If pieces are browned, but not soft enough for your taste, turn off heat and cover pan for a few minutes.