1/1 Photo of Sauteed Broccoli, Cauliflower and Mushrooms
I have always prepared broccoli this way. Even my kids loved it when they were small. The flavors are just magnificent together! The key is to keep heat high so the vegetables brown while remaining somewhat crisp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix cut-up broccoli and cauliflower, sliced mushrooms and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let stand an hour, if possible.
- 2Heat oil in a large saute or fry pan until very hot.
- 3Add vegetables all at once, spreading in an even layer. Do not stir until bottom of layer begins to brown.
- 4Flip and stir to get unbrowned pieces to bottom. Let cook until beginning to brown.
- 5The trick here is to keep heat high and brown pieces without overcooking or burning them. If pieces are browned, but not soft enough for your taste, turn off heat and cover pan for a few minutes.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Broccoli, Cauliflower and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.5
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 64.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g