Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good. A LOT better than it sounds.
- 13 ounces broccoli, florrettes
- 4 1⁄2 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 1 yellow onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 head garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb white mushroom, quartered
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add broccoli, onion, Italian seasoning and cilantro. Stir occasionally until broccoli and onion are tender, about 10 minutes,.
- Add garlic and quartered mushrooms. Stir occasionally until mushrooms are tender,about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and wine, stir occasionally until tomatoes are cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Top with shredded swiss cheese immediately before serving.
This family of 5 approves!! Yes, just as the recipe contributor describes in the Note above, it is good and better than it sounds. Such a simple dish and delightfully more flavorful than you'd think due its simplicity. It is easy to make and the way it all comes together is wonderfully yummy and is a more than adequate partner to any main entrée. Tonight, with very few minor substitutions, I paired this with boneless center cut pork loin chops flavored with a lemon pepper seasoning. Flavors didn't compete, but complimented! Delicious, jdwright! Thank you for sharing!! Enjoy, everybody!!
Pretty much followed your recipe, but I did put the mushrooms on to cook along with the tomatoes, since I didn't want the 'rooms cooking a full 10 minutes! Worked just fine, & this veggie side dish turned out beautifully! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]