Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe makes a great side to any meal. I always have a hard time finding ways to add in vegetables with meals and have them actually taste good. This recipe does that and there isn't much added calories or fat. It is one of my new favorite vegetable sides! The only changes I made were to skip the tablespoon of oil and instead used cooking spray.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced shallot (about 1)
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 4 cups broccoli florets (about 1 bunch)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and shallots to pan; saute 10 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Stir in sherry; cook 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring frequently.
- Add broccoli and salt to pan; stir well.
- Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Stir in pepper.
Quick easy & tasty dish. The mushrooms were an excellent compliment to the broccoli.
It's so nice to find a veggie side dish that's so good! The mushrooms really soak up the wine and it gives them a GREAT flavor. This is top notch!