Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a simple side dish that my family has been preparing since I was a wee-one. Traditionally served with steak, but I find this a wonderful side with chicken and rice, as I do not eat red meat. If you are a mushroom-lover, you will love this dish!
- 2 lbs fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2⁄3 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- In skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add sliced mushrooms and seasonings, except for bread crumbs.
- Saute mushrooms, stirring often, until mushrooms become tender, about 5 min.
- Add bread crumbs and coat mushrooms evenly; cook, stirring for 2-3 min.
- Serve hot.
Amazing! This was so easy, and so good. Made as directed, but scaled it down for 1 lb of mushrooms. Ate them all myself! (In my defense, no one else in my house likes mushrooms.)
Woohoo! Mushroom overload! Loved this! I think the recipe is too large for just 4 servings as there was still lots left after supper. 2/3 cup of bread crumbs was too much here. I think I'll lower it to 1/2 cup next time. Yum!