Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my favorites recipes from my country Peru, I hope you gays enjoy and cook this recipe
- 2 1⁄4 lbs beef tenderloin, sliced into thin strips
- 3 red onions, peeled and cut in eight pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, chop
- 2 1⁄4 lbs all purpose potatoes, peeled, cut for French fries or 2 1⁄4 lbs frozen french fries
- 4 fresh yellow peppers, sliced into thin strips (optional)
- 4 tomatoes, cut in eighths
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil
- red wine (to flame de meat) (optional) or Pisco (to flame de meat) (optional)
- Heat ½ cup oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add beef already with pepper and garlic and quickly sauté until beef is seared and browned on all sides.you can add in this moment red wine or pisco to flame the meat, Remove pan from heat and transfer beef to a plate. Save covered.
- Return pan to medium-high heat and add 1 ½ tablespoons oil. Add onions and sauté until edges are seared and they begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add yellow chili, tomatoes, parsley or cilantro, salt, pepper, soy sauce and white vinegar. Sauté until tomatoes have softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add beef and toss gently.
- Heat ¾ cups oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and sauté until browned and tender, about 15 minutes. Drain on paper towel.
- Unmold rice in center of serving dish. Place beef and french fries on each side. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley.
- 8 servings.