- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 lb beef liver or 1 lb calf liver
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove all visible membranes from liver.
- Slice liver into thin strips.
- Set aside.
- In a heavy frying pan, heat one tbsp of the oil on medium, saute onions and red pepper for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Combine flour and herbs.
- Dredge liver in flour mixture.
- Heat remaining oil in same frying pan on medium-high.
- Saute liver slices quickly for about 3 minutes or until brown on the outside but still pink inside.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Add cooked vegetables to pan.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.