Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
An unusual but delicious topping for ice cream.
Make and share this Sauteed Bananas Ice Cream Topping recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 medium bananas, under ripe and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons chopped nuts (optional)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bananas and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in rum, brown sugar and cinnamon; simmer 3 to 4 minutes.
- Server warm over vanilla bean ice cream; top with nuts if desired.