Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A terrific side dish or salad. My favorite way to eat spinach
Make and share this Sauteed Baby Spinach and Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil In a large lidded sauce pan over a medium heat.
- Add garlic and toss (or stir) until it just starts to turn color.
- Remove from heat and IMMEDIATEY add spinach.
- Toss with a set of tongs to coat the spinach with oil/garlic.
- Salt to taste, some folks like it with a just a bit of fresh grated nutmeg.
- Cover and let sit for a couple minutes, toss again and serve.
- It should just be slightly warmed and retain it's crunch.
I made as directed, and this was just perfect for two. I added some red pepper flakes for spice, but really it was wonderful as written. Thanks.
A great way to use up spinach! I used 1 T oil and 1 T butter and added some red pepper flakes. Thanks for sharing!
Wonderful!!! What's not to like that has garlic in it...made as directed and served it with Egyptian Spiced Prawns#414980 and jasmine rice. Everyone loved our lunch. Thank you. Made for Spring into Spring with Garlic and Soy Tag Game 2011.