Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
To save some time the potatoes can be boiled up to 2 hours in advance and let stand at room temperature --- I usually peel just a strip of potato skin (about 1/2-inch depending on the size of the potato) down the middle leaving peel on both sides, it makes a nice presentation if you are serving them to dinner guests, if new baby potatoes are not in season just purchase the smallest potatoes that you can find for this :)
- 4 lbs small baby potatoes (can use 3-4 pounds potatoes, a mixture of red and white if possible)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (if you are using 3 pounds potatoes, reduce butter slightly)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel (can use more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (if using 4 pounds potatoes use a little more lemon juice)
- salt and black pepper
- Cook the potatoes whole in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender (about 20 minutes, don't overcook them, only JUST until fork-tender) drain and cool slightly (this can be done up to 2 hours in advance and kept at room temperature).
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, melt the butter; add in cooked potatoes with about 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and pepper, cook until potatoes are beginning to brown tossing them often (about 5-6 minutes).
- Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with about 2-3 tablespoons more of fresh parsley.
If you love lemony flavours as much as we do, you'll really enjoy this easy to make stove-top recipe which was just great to make on a day when the temperature reached just over 40 degrees celsius! I considered adding garlic, but decided to simply make the recipe exactly as posted. And I'm so glad that I did: I really wouldn't want to change a thingI Thank you for sharing another delicious recipe, KITTENCAL! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.
Oh so yummy, instead of baby potatoes, I used diced potatoes but otherwise made as directed also adding the garlic. I use a similar recipe that is done in the oven but this is a great alternative to that and much quicker too. Thanks Kitten!