Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
My husband bought Baby Octopus on a whim and I couldn't find a recipe that I wanted to try. So, we tried sauteing them in garlic and herbs. They turned out really good, first time cooking the little suckers, so my technique might be weird. Also, next time I might try using white wine. NOTE: I didn't measure the garlic and herbs, so what I wrote down is a very loose calculation.
- 2 lbs baby octopus, fresh
- olive oil
- lemon juice, sprinkle
- salt, sprinkle
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Rinse octopi in running water. Cut head lengthwise and remove excess matter including the beak. **We separated the heads from the bodies on some of the octopi
- Add lemon juice to Octopi as they're waiting to be cooked.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add minced garlic and cook until browned.
- Add Octopi and sprinkle with herbs and salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat, until octopi is firm and turn purple. **I cooked mine for about 7 minute Like I said, I don't know if that was too long, since it was my first time, but better be safe than sorry when it comes to cooking seafood.
- Cover and cook the final minute if needed.