Recipe by Dancer^
Delicious as a side dish, this easy saute becomes a simple vegetarian entree tossed with pasta and sprinkled with cheese.
Top Review by JustJanS
What a good side dish thanks Dancer, and the only one we needed. The only change we made was to slice the onion into very thin wedges and saute it for a few minutes before proceeding with the recipe. So much colour, so many flavours.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled,finely chopped
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed,peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded,deveined and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup pitted chopped kalamata olive
- 1 small lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium and add the onion, asparagus and the pepper and saute for about 2 minutes, or until the asparagus becomes tender (but remains crisp).
- Toss in the chopped olives and the lemon juice and cook another minute.
- Serve immediately.