Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
from Martha Stewart Living, June 2008. Tip from recipe: if using thick asparagus spears, halve them lengthwise before sauteing to ensure quick and even cooking. Tools needed: whisk, medium bowl, large skillet, mixing spoon, and serving dish.
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 29.58 ml sherry wine or 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 453.59 g thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 1/2-inch lengths
- To make vinaigrette, whisk together mustard, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring frequently, until asparagus are just tender, 10-12 minutes. (If the spears begin to brown, reduce heat to low.).
- Transfer aspargus to serving dish. Drizzle with the vinaigrette, toss, and serve immediately.
My asparagus turned out wonderfully crisp-tender in the specified cooking time. Loved the dijon vinaigrette! This recipe is so easy and quick to make, it has to be a do-again recipe!!