Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Made a special holiday dinner and used Ina Garten's recipe for Sauteed Asparagus and Snap Peas for the vegetable. They were delicious! A great combination with Steak with Bernaise Sauce Steak With Bearnaise Sauce. Hope you enjoy them!
- 1 lb asparagus
- 3⁄4 lb sugar snap pea
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- sea salt, to taste, for serving
- Cut off the tough ends of the aspargus and slice the stalks diagonally into 2" pieces.
- Snap off the stem ends of the snap peas and pull the string down the length of the vegetable.
- Warm the olive oil in a large sautè pan over medium heat, and add the asparagus and snap peas.
- Add the salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, to taste -- if desired.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes until al dentè, tossing occasionally.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve hot.
Just made this for Christmas dinner. I thought I'd come up with an original when the store ahd no green beans, only asparagus. Guess not. At any rate, it's very, very good.