Recipe by Prayztwice
Simply fantastic. I could eat this as a main dish!
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a great dish. I'm so glad that my friend recommended this lovely dish with her awesome photo. The asparagus was perfect, tender and delicious. We will be enjoying this often. Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe. Made for What's on the Menu? tag game.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, cut in half lengthwise
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried thyme (depending how much you like the herb)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, finely shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus and cut into 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Cook green onions in olive oil over med. high heat, stirring constantly, for one minute.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add asparagus, mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon rind and cheeses.