Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Simply fantastic. I could eat this as a main dish!
Make and share this Sauteed Asparagus and Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, cut in half lengthwise
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried thyme (depending how much you like the herb)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, finely shredded (optional)
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus and cut into 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Cook green onions in olive oil over med. high heat, stirring constantly, for one minute.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add asparagus, mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon rind and cheeses.
Made this for Spring PAC 2012 twice! YUMMY. I followed the instructions only like cathsaff I added a little water to let the asparagus steam for a minute. Both times there was none left. Thank you for submitting a delicious dish and one that is going into my Favorites of 2012.
A super simple, delicious side dish. I whipped it up one night, but plan to make it for company. Its that good! After cooking a few minutes, I added a little water and covered the pan to steam the asparagus a bit. Then poured off any water that didn't cook off. I could eat it as a main dish, too!