Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from menus4moms.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 (8 -12 ounce) bag frozen asparagus
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Heat oil and balsamic vinegar in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add frozen asparagus and herbs.
- Saute for about 15 minutes, turning asparagus frequently.
Very good, quick and easy recipe. The balsamic vinegar adds a nice tang while really bringing out the flavor of the asparagus.
Great side dish which we really enjoyed - and it's so pleasingly low in fat because there are no creams or cheeses: basically it's a recipe that allows the asparagus to star. I added sage to the rosemary because for some time I've been using a rosemary and sage blend from a nifty grinder in pretty well everything I make. Well, in all the savoury dishes, and it's a great blend. I was also pleased to add basil as we have some wonderful fresh basil at the moment. Thank you for sharing this great recipe, Karen=^..^=. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.