1/2 Photos of Sauteed Arugula (Rocket)
Arrugula, Garden Rocket, Gargeer, Rocket, Rocket Salad, Roka, Roquette, Rucola, Rugula, Salad Rocket and Tira what ever you want to call it is a bitter, aromatic green with a peppery mustard flavor. Topping with cheese will cut the bitterness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup vermouth or 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano or parsley)
- 8 cups arugula, ripped into bite size pieces washed and spun dry
- grated cheese (optional)
- 1In a large pan heat oil over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, onions, and garlic stirring all the while cooking about 4 minutes the pan will be dry till the mushrooms release some liquid.
- 2Deglaze the pan with vermouth.
- 3Add salt, pepper flakes, herbs, nutmeg and arugula. Cook till wilted about 2-3 minutes.
- 4Top with cheese.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Arugula (Rocket)
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.9
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 161.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: