1/1 Photo of Sauteed Arugula
This spicy green is one of my favorites to toss on a salad, and I was craving something warm, so I decided to try sauteeing it in a healthy way--no oil! In just a couple minutes, I had a great warm topping to cover my lettuce and serve with other toppings. **Note: I am updating the recipe, as I think it deserves higher than the two stars it has gotten :( I have problems with onions (or my stomach thinks it does!), so I don't use them, but for those of you out there who want onions in the arugula, go for it! Here's a revised version of how to make the arugula, a bit more calorie-rich, but I'm sure many will find the taste improved. (Just for the record, I still like the greens without the onion and oil added, but I'm used to a blander diet.) Additional note: the original recipe, without the oil, onions and garlic, was 11 calories; I wouldn't worry about the onions and garlic, but you could definitely leave out the oil if you didn't want to add those extra calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In frying pan, heat chicken broth and spices to boiling.
- 2After bringing to a boil, add the arugula, tossing gently to cover all with the broth.
- 3Let sit for a minute or two, stirring occasionally, until all leaves are wilted. (Additional broth may be needed to keep moist.).
- 4I found this to be a great salad topping, or fantastic on top of lumpy mashed potatoes.
- 5**For those who want a more flavor-rich side, try the following:.
- 6Add 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil to the pan first; heat oil and cook 1/4 cup chopped (or sliced) onion and 1 teaspoons minced garlic until onions are tender. Then proceed with the broth, arugula and spices.
- 7I hope this is satisfying! :).
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauteed Arugula
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.0
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 1.3 g