Recipe by Mami J
A traditional Spanish dish from the region of Euskadi. Found on-line and submitted for Zaar World Tour 5.
- 12 steamed artichokes, halved
- 2 shallots or 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tbs vegetable oil in a deep skillet. Add the onion or shallots and the garlic. Fry a few minutes, until translucent. Add the apple and celery. Cook until celery is translucent.
- Add the mustard and the cider and stir to combine. Cook 5 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Strain the sauce through a coarse colander. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a different skillet heat the remaining oil and sautee the halved artichokes. Cook for a few minutes and place on a serving platter. Pour the strained sauce over them and serve warm.