Recipe by mevernon
A savory mushoom recipe with a thick sauce
Top Review by Sherri at the Beach
Modified your recipe a bit. I used a mix of shitake, baby portabella, and oyster mushrooms. Used Sam Adams Winter Ale as the beer. I also added about 1/4 cup of heavy cream and reduced a bit to give another level of creaminess. Served over homemade heart shaped pasta for Valentines main course dinner. Delicious!
- 8 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup beer or 1⁄2 cup ale
- 3 slices bacon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon.
- Add the 4tbsp butter to the bacon fat and cook until the butter has a nutty smell.
- Add mushrooms and 1/2 the beer, soy sauce and garlic and salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add crumbled bacon,.
- Remove mushrooms from the liquid.
- Add 1 tsps corn starch to the last of the beer and whisk this mixture into the leftover mushroom liquid.
- Cook until thick and add to the mushrooms.