Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
A savory mushoom recipe with a thick sauce
Make and share this Sauteed Ale Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon.
- Add the 4tbsp butter to the bacon fat and cook until the butter has a nutty smell.
- Add mushrooms and 1/2 the beer, soy sauce and garlic and salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add crumbled bacon,.
- Remove mushrooms from the liquid.
- Add 1 tsps corn starch to the last of the beer and whisk this mixture into the leftover mushroom liquid.
- Cook until thick and add to the mushrooms.
Modified your recipe a bit. I used a mix of shitake, baby portabella, and oyster mushrooms. Used Sam Adams Winter Ale as the beer. I also added about 1/4 cup of heavy cream and reduced a bit to give another level of creaminess. Served over homemade heart shaped pasta for Valentines main course dinner. Delicious!
This was good! So easy to make and with ingredients I usually have on hand. The lid I used was not a tight fitting lid, so a lot of the juices evaporated. There wasn't enough of the juices to thicken it. I did add more garlic. I think the recipe in general needs more garlic. Otherwise the other ingredients might overpower the garlic. This has a nice flavor and the mushrooms were nice and tender, I will make this again. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Pick-A-Chef (PAC) Fall "08.