Janice in SC's Note:
Shrimp and yellow squash served over rice, can be a main dish or serve smaller serving with some grilled salmon...mmmm
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 small yellow squash, about 5 inches, sliced
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and tails remove
- 1/2 small onion, sliced, chopped
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 1/2 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1Prepare rice.
- 2Add olive oil and butter to high heated pan.
- 3Add all ingredients to pan, cover, reduce heat to medium low.
- 4Cook 10 minutes, or to desired tenderness of squash.
- 5Let sit for 5 minutes to blend flavors, serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sauted Shrimp and Squash over Rice
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 726.5
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 918.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning