Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Shrimp and yellow squash served over rice, can be a main dish or serve smaller serving with some grilled salmon...mmmm
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 small yellow squash, about 5 inches, sliced
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and tails remove
- 1⁄2 small onion, sliced, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 1⁄2 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning, to taste
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon pepper
- Prepare rice.
- Add olive oil and butter to high heated pan.
- Add all ingredients to pan, cover, reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook 10 minutes, or to desired tenderness of squash.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to blend flavors, serve over rice.